Palaces

I have a great love/awe/ high regard for ancient Palaces. I would leave all my modern-day amusements behind just to visit a palace. When we visited Delhi and Agra, I got awe-struck by the royal palaces, the intricate arts, the forgotten and forsaken royalty and the hint of the glory that once was celebrated in the corners of the palace.


Still now, I love to imagine the era, the lives of the residents, the grandeur, and the lifestyle. I even get amazed to think that how the palaces were once crowded with royal people. I love travelling to the past. That’s the only time when I realize how much I like ancient history. 



This is the 16th Day for the April A-Z Blogging Challenge, 2014. Today's theme- Alphabet P

Comments

  1. It would be lovely to live in a palace wouldn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. just like the times of Jodhaa Aknar!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post makes me wanna travel and learn the history of our country. Delhi is one place where one can get to visit so many amazing places:) great one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, love ancient history. I haven't had the pleasure of visiting a palace, but it is on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to visit a royal palace. I've seen a few from the outside in England--Buckingham and Kensington, and a few castles. But I'd love to see palaces in India.

    Hope you are enjoying the A to Z challenge! Here’s my A to Z Post on Memorable Characters

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Read it? Now drop a comment to make my day!

Popular Posts