Seven Things You Can’t Avoid
Write Tribe has come up with an idea of writing one post per day during the next seven days including today. I was scratching my all the time. The theme is ‘Seven’ for the week and I was totally lost in choosing the proper and relevant application of the prompt on my posts. I thought a while and something emerged in my mind…
7 Things that One Can’t Avoid:
- Criticism: You can’t avoid a criticism, or a critic. They leave a great impact on your mind. You might say that you love criticism, but when you get a critical comment, particularly a negative one, you keep processing it in your mind. A lot of questions emerge. How? Why? Really? A lot people will agree with me. A good comment doesn't stay for a long time in your mind, but a criticism always lingers around.
- Stalkers: There are several time that some of you or all of you has faced this. Stalkers, yes, and their silent gaze. It feels like someone is undressing you with their eyes. All the girls will agree with me. And, sometimes it bothers boys too. You can’t avoid them and they succeed in getting your attention.
- RE: RE: RE: - You can’t avoid a reply email. Whatever it may be, whether you’re interested or not, you can’t overlook these emails.
- Sales: Imagine yourself in a mall, wandering around and suddenly you notice a colorful advertisement of a huge SALE. Would you stop by or pass by? I bet you will stop and think and check your purse. And, yes, it is applied for boys also. They even can’t ignore PUMA, ADIDAS AND NIKE or UCB discounts!
- Free Advice: You certainly can’t escape from the people who give free advices. Because, most of them are those who are your loved ones, like grandparents. Like it or not, you got to open your ears for them. They might be repetitive but you have no choice.
- Stress: Coming to a serious issue. You can’t avoid stress because, you can’t stop working. Work labors stress. You can’t help it but can only manage it.
- Delicious Smells: Now this is what I was intending to write from the first point. You CAN’T avoid or ignore the smell of masaledar Mutton Curry or Biryani or Chole Bhature or Cheese Cake or any delicacy that your mom is expert in! Remember Sunday afternoons and try to feel the essence of a grand lunch being cooked in your kitchen. Can you ever avoid it?
I know there are lot other things that are coming in your mind, but I deliberately keep them for next time.
I am taking part in The Write Tribe Festival of Words 1st - 7th September 2013