7 Important Tips to Make Your Blog Look Better
Although I am not a pro when it comes to professional designing, but I can give you some tips to make your blog look even better that are the most important thing according to me. I started my blog on 2011 and through this long time I have learnt many things. I only want to share those with you.
You might have heard it before many times that ‘Content is the King’. I am going to repeat this same thing now. Only a good content can make your blog good and you can get the desired traffic only by writing quality things. But here, we will not talk about content at all. This post is all about ‘the look of the blog’. A good looking blog grows a reader’s interest in sticking to the blog for a long time. So, here are my tips for you.
- Personalized Header: DON’T use a downloaded image or ready-made header to your blog. Instead, use a customized header. Put your own images, your own words. There are several tutorials which instruct you to make a customized header. Lastly, make it look simple. Don’t use images or quotes or words abundantly. Keep one thing in mind, the simpler the better.
- Images: Use images for your posts. You don’t have to worry about images because Google is always there to help you. Just search Google Images with the keywords of your post and choose from the heavy numbers of images the one which complements your post best. Use photos in full width. This will make your posts look more balanced.
- The Background: I personally refuse to read articles which are written in a black or dark background with light or white texts (except those which have really good content to offer). My advice for you to make your blog look better would be to have a white background instead of a dark one. That makes your blog fresher and enjoyable.
- Text Color: I have seen a lot of blog with colored texts. I don’t know why I don’t like the idea of writing with colored text. My advice would be to stick to the black color when it comes to writing. It looks subtle and gives depth to the post. Your readers would also want it, take my word for it.
- Font: Use a simple font that readers find easier to read. Don’t use extremely decorative fonts to write your posts. They are good for the header but not for the post.
- Width: Your blog’s width should be 1100 to 1200px, no more no less. A wide blog makes it easier to distinguish between the content and the side bar. Leave plenty of space for your post. The post section should be wider than the sidebar. One sidebar is enough. Do not place your post area between two side bars. Sidebars should be either on the right or on the left. Don’t congest both sides of the blog by sidebars. Remember one thing, your readers stop by your blog to read your post, not to check out everything on your sidebars.
- Less Ads: Don’t cram your blog with ads. Adding ads is OK, I am not against it. But, the thing is your readers lose interest on your blog if they bump into ads constantly. So, keep your blog neat and readable.
I hope you guys enjoyed reading this post. Please feel free to comment.
I am taking part in The Write Tribe Festival of Words 1st - 7th September 2013