My Not So Sweet Birthday Brownies
- · Self-raising flour (Maida)- 1cup/120gms
- · Powdered/Castor sugar- 1cup/100gms
- · Eggs- 2 large
- · Melted butter- 1 cup
- · Baking powder- 1 ½ tsp
- · Vanilla essence- 1 ½ tsp
- · Coco powder(unsweetened)- ½ cup/60gms
- · Measure every ingredient and keep aside.
- · Sift flour with baking powder thoroughly and keep in a different bowl.
- · Now, grease a baking tin (preferably square) and keep it aside.
- · Preheat you oven to 180°C/375F.
- · Now beat the butter until creamy & smooth (use a electric beater instead of hands).
- · Add eggs & sugar and keep beating for 5-8 minutes.
- · Add vanilla essence and then flour little by little. Beat for 3-4 minutes. (Remember, after mixing the wet ingredients with the baking powder it gets active quickly. So, you have to put the mixture to the oven as quick as possible).
- · Now pour the mixture in the baking tin & put it to the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes.
- · After 30 minutes prick the brownie with a skewer or a fork to check if it’s done or not. If the fork comes out clean, your brownie is ready.
I like my brownies a bit bitter. So, I added little more coco to it. You can sweeten it by adding more sugar. However, my kind of brownies tasted really nice. Remember one thing, the more love you give to your baking, the more love you get from people. So, try it yourself. Believe me it doesn't take too much of your endurance. If a lazy person like me can make it, everyone else must. Let me know how did you like it. Please comment...